- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
2 Reply to “What is better: Debt consolidation or bankruptcy?”
thanks for this info. I HAVE A QUESTION: I WANT TO DO BANK RUPTCY MY HUSBAND DOESNT, HE SAYS THAT TRAY TO PAY IS BETTER BECAUSE HE WANT TO BUY A HOUSE NEXT YEAR. IS THAT CONVENIANT FOR US? I DONT HAVE A JOB ONLY HE DOES AND HE MAKES 600 PER WEEK.OUR DEBTS ARE MORE THAN 35000. WE LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AGAIN THANKS FOR THE VIDEO.
Difficult to say from St. Louis Missouri :). I would recommend to do two things, speak first with your real estate agent about the purchase and for which loans your qualify based on income and credit. To get a FHA loan there are waiting periods after filing for bankruptcy. I recently heard from a client she hasn’t had a problem getting a mortgage two years after filing, in addition she was debt free. But I am not sure about one year. The other thing is, talk to a bankruptcy attorney in your area. Most attorneys who are members of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (www.nacba.org you find an attorney through their website) will offer a free consultation. He would need to know more about the amount of debt you have and will be able to give you more specific advice.
Thanks and good luck!
You must log in to post a comment.